Date: October, 21, 2009
Enemies: pollen, fingerprints, grubbiness
Objective: Obliterate the enemy
Weapons: Windex...
...paper towels...
...chair...
...soapy water...
...sponge...
...cheerful little helpers...
Allies: Big little sisters who can scrub, spray, and otherwise root out the enemy from their most overlooked strongholds (namely, screens)
Weather: not too promising for a day all the windows had to be opened, but hey, now or never.
It never did rain. :)
Morale: Good, because it was so much fun to watch the cat bird-watching. :D See her?
But the day didn't start out with good morale. One of the windows popped out. And whilst in the process of attempting to get it back in (HEAVY window), something fell off onto the porch roof. And while I was out getting it, our indoor cat decided she wanted to come out and explore the roof too. So I then had the added challenge of trying to keeping her inside while still getting the window back in....all the while balancing on a little blue plastic chair, with a 15lb window that REFUSED to click into it's rightful place. After finally completing THAT objective, I noticed the TOP half of the window wasn't in right either, and had to take it out and fix it, too. Can you say
h-e-f-t-y w-o-r-k-o-u-t!?!?!?
So morale had room to improve at that point, considering it was only my second window of twenty-five. :D
I was in bad need of a cup of tea.
But, by the end of the day--
Mission: accomplished
The enemy is vanquished for another season!

3 comments:
Great photos and commentary, Hannah! You didn't seriously do 25windows in one day, did you?? Maybe it's a November project.
'love the Autumn colours!
Today in Adelaide it is 35 degrees ... hot and windy. Some snow would be nice!! (In my dreams!!)
Hugs.
Audrey
Never again, Mrs. Bridgewater, but I DID do all the windows in one day...it took about 7-8 hours. Started in the morning, and then finally got the screens in at about 8pm. Whew!
She says "never again" but I bet when it comes around again...she won't be able to help herself and she'll do it again.
I always ask...what do people do who don't have a Hannah?
XXOO Mom
Post a Comment