Friday, June 3, 2011

Fruitcake!!

 So for Grace's 16th birthday cake, she only said:
NO cupcakes
NO sheetcake
NO chocolate frosting (??)

That leaves plenty of room for the imagination...
and the cake took on several lives of its own!!






Fruitcake, anyone?


And for my own future reference:
Cake flavor: "doctored-up" Strawberry
 (Two layers, each cut in half, with white buttercream frosting between all 4 layers.)
Moist delicious goodness.

Covered in: Marshmallow Fondant.
(and yes, the little fruity guys are solid sugar!!! AHHHHH!!!)
Recipe for cavities.
:-O

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So perfect :) I love those little fruity guys. Never noticed the wire arms though! Very cute.

Hannah said...

Yeah, the wire arms came off at the very end...I decided I liked them better without. And the fruit "texture" got added after the photo shoot. So this is only a semi-accurate post on Grace's cake. :P

Bek said...

It's super adorable! I can't decide which little fruity friend I like best.

I'm still trying to decide what to do for Eben's cake... in two weeks. EEP! I can't believe he'll be two so soon.

His Proverbs31 Sparrow said...

Fruity-tales! :)

Love it Hannah...happy 16th birthday Grace!!