Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Museum of the Appalachia

 Wonderful stop on the way home!
The Museum of the Appalachia in Tennessee.

Checking out the one-room cabin of a feller who only needed his bed, his fiddle, and his bean pot.


 Oh yes...chickens.


 Mom and I could've spent HOURS in this building...
my little siblings and ever-patient father could not.






 Now THAT could hold some CHILI!!


 The pea-cows, as Selah called them.


 I can't remember who's cabin this was...but can you imagine living there in the winter? You can see right through it!!!



 Trying out the schoolhouse benches.


 Hilltop Christian Academy quite filled up the Big Tater Valley School House.


 Makes one kind of nostalgic, even if one doesn't have long-term roots in TN or KY...or the USA for that matter! Interesting how that happens. :) When a lot of this history was happening in our country (e.g. the Civil War)...our family wasn't even IN the country yet!! But I suppose it sort of becomes an adopted history! And I sure am proud of those tough pioneers who braved the hardships of life on the Appalachian frontiers (and beyond!) They were definitely a huge part in what made the United States what it would become!


 And that's the end.

2 comments:

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

Wow Hannah! I'm am very much impressed with your photographic skills!

Hannah said...

Ha...be that as it may, I was and am very impressed with your G11. ;) Thanks for lending it to me, brother!