Recipe from my sister-in-law's mother...a most wonderful cook!
Chai Tea
10 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
(or...use about 1/2 tsp ground cardamom)
5 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 piece fresh gingeroot (2") peeled and quartered
(or...use about 1/2 tsp ground ginger
4 bags black tea
1-1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Place 3 c. water and spices in saucepan. Simmer 15 minutes. Add honey and tea. Warm milk (don't boil.) Strain the tea into a warmed teapot and add warm milk and vanilla.
If you don't drink it all right away (though trust me, you'll want to!), you can refrigerate in a pitcher and re-heat as needed.
Yum.
Yum.
YUM.

2 comments:
This looks so yummy. AND I can comment now!! :)
Well hooray!!!! I don't know what was up there for a while with blogger...but now I'm understanding why the boys refuse to use it!! Ha ha. LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment