Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day by Day


Day by day, and wich each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here.
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.


Every day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour.
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid
"As your days, your strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.


Help me then, in every tribulation
So to trust Your promises O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Your holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a Father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the Promised Land.

"Day by Day" written by Carolina Sandell Berg;
translated by Andrew L. Skoog


And this day, God deemed best to take my dear Grandpa home. After a many-year's fight with lymphoma, and a few day's fight with pneumonia. Loved so much for his "grandpa-ness", kindness, sense of humor, and patience in teaching us so many things. We're going to really miss him, and it doesn't seem real that he's gone, honestly. But so glad for the time we did have. And in God's providence, we all were able to spend a couple days with him and Grandma both last month at Luke's graduation. God is so very good.

(pictures all the credit of Sam vdH)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

My love and prayers are with and for you and yours - that you will know God's precious comfort at this time.

Please give Debbie a gentle hug for me.

Love,

Audrey

Carrie Allison said...

I was listening to your playlist, and I really like the Ladies in Lavender music. I really like the movie, too!I would like to see it again!

Hannah said...

Hi Carrie!
I sort of accidentally ran across that Ladies In Lavender piece while looking up Joshua Bell music...haven't seen the movie (though I've had it recommended to me!), but absolutely loved this piece too!!