This is our adorable new 7-week old squirrel-chaser-in-training.

Last year, our outdoor cat, Mason, died. Daddy, not being super-fond of cats, was willing to let the role of mouse and chipmunk catcher remain unfilled.
However.
Several months ago, we were having trouble with the "check engine" light being on in two of our vehicles. When Daddy took it in to the car doctor, the mechanic said it appeared that the gas lines had been gnawed. Squirrels! And when Daddy asked how best to prevent it, guess what he said?
GET A CAT!
I think I like the guy.

So Daddy finally gave permission to begin a cat search. Or cat wait, anyway. We kinda hoped one would simply adopt us, or that we'd find a free kitten in need of a home. But at last, about 4 weeks ago, my fellow pie-maker and friend from the Orchard, Ernestina, called me and said they had barn kittens! I ran over the next day with Tyler to check them out. At the time they were 3 weeks old, and far too small to bring home. The only problem with waiting, though, was that they might get just big enough to be scared of people and not make a good pet.


5 comments:
cuuuuuuuute!
Owww...so cute!
Aw! What a cutie!
ajb
Hee hee...so what exactly is the general consensus? I can't quite tell.
oh, she's adorrrrrable...surely your daddy can't resist loving cats now! ;)
Post a Comment