The first morning did NOT include sleeping in.
I was sleeping in a room with Grace and Abbie, and asked Grace to make sure I got up at 6am, so I'd have time to get dressed, read, and eat some breakfast before a morning bike ride.
At about 6:30, after hitting snooze a couple times and telling Grace I was defininitely about to get up, I finally got up, managed to bump into about everything worth bumping into, accidentally slammed a door, and completed all said activities by 8am, at which time the boys were all up and ready to hit the descent.
The cold descent.
Imagine flying down twisty curvy roads with 50 degree winds thoroughly waking you up.
It was delightful. :)
Except that I knew we would have to climb back up later, when the breezes were warmer, and I was tired-er.
But 35 miles later, we did just that, and were back in time for lunch before heading out for a hiking excursion.
Nobody said this vacation was going to be REST-ful, necessarily, just a change of pace. :)
So on to the Beartown Boardwalk!
Cameras were out en-force that day.
Trying to capture the beauty of all the chasms and potential bear-homes.
It just isn't possible!
All MY pictures still just look flat compared to the real thing.
And you'd never guess, driving up to the place, that there was something like this hiding among the trees.
Pretty neat. :)
Maybe these guys captured it better with their super-duper cameras. :)
Dead wood.
Michelle, this is your souvenier from the trip.
:)
Just love my siblings. :)
One
Two
Three
Did I mention we had just gorgeous weather?
And a nice cool drink at the end of the trail.
You'd think she walked more than anybody!
But the day isn't over yet!
Next up, Droop Mountain.

1 comment:
That was an awesome place. Loved the rock formations. You got some really great family photos! I try, but just can't seem to do it. Oh well :)
Post a Comment