Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tea time!

Over the past year and a half, I've gotten together with Grace, Abbie, and our friend Courtney for Biblestudy. I've been promising them a party at the end of the study...which we finally reached in August! So here we are...
a tea party!
Of course. :)


And at a teaparty, everything must be either small or cute. :) Below you see mini biscotti (almond-chocolate!) and mini chocolate cakes...they don't earn the name petit fours, even if that was the general idea behind them. :) Someday I'm going to try the "real thing"...


Mixed nuts and homemade buttermints!!
 Grace made the mints...do you like the colors?
The nuts were probably unnecessary, given the guests' general dislike of them...but any excuse to use Mom's pretty cut glass dishes. :)


The table decor...very important


Ahhh...and here's the table-full of ladies!
We had fun trying to catch each other breaking etiquette rules. Whatever THOSE are. Is it a law that you have to lift your pinky when sipping your tea?
At any rate, I KNOW it's bad manners to slurp...
there was no shortage of giggles.


What fun to have built-in tea party guests! Anytime I feel like putting one on, there are an abundance of girls ready and willing to join in! :)


The boys WERE a bit disappointed to miss out, though.
As Sam said, eating leftover goodies isn't as fun as actually being there during the party because you can't have as much as you want.
HA.
I think he misses the point of tea parties entirely.

No comments: