Monday, November 15, 2010

Orchard update


Another year at the Orchard is drawing to a close!
It's really hard to believe this has been my 3rd year there. But...here we are in November, after the biggest year ever. The trees are picked out. The crowds and school tours have vanished. The corn maze is demolished. The preserves are running out. And I'm DONE making fudge!!!

Speaking of which...
So last year (see post here), you will see I made 675 lbs of fudge during the month of October.

This year, I rounded out the month with

1020 lbs.

That number is half the amount I made during the entire 2009 season, smashed into one month.

Let's just say that...if anyone wants fudge this Christmas, they're making it themselves!!!! :)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What!?!? No fudge??? I don't know if I could survive that. Surely you could make at least another hundred pounds or so . . .

Hannah said...

I didn't say no fudge, Sam...I said someone else would have to make it...hmmm.

stenhoffmama said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
xo
Tara

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Wow, congratulations on a great season! That is a lot of fudge! Your post reminded me of a place called the Big Apple in Massachusetts (near where I used to live). I don't know if they made fudge, but they had apple trees, and they made donuts, apple juice, etc. I loved their candy dipped apples!

Hannah said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks so much for visiting! I was actually just on YOUR blog yesterday, and really enjoyed looking at some of your quilts! You do a beautiful job!! And as for dipped apples...we don't do candy (yet), only caramel dipped! :)