Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still MORE travels

But this time, I had company! 
On my way home from my grandma's in Ohio, I dropped by the Cincinnati airport to see who was coming and going...
and lo and behold!
There was my dear friend Michelle!!
 

So I figured since she was there, I may as well take her home with me, and we enjoyed a lovely (if very busy!) 5 days at home before striking off on more adventures. 

And northward we went!
To visit Michelle's grandparents in Northern Ohio.
It was only a 5 hour drive, or so. But we managed to take 11 hours to get up there. Hee hee.

Snack and drink pickups
Hobby Lobby.
Thai for lunch.
Outlet mall.
Milkshakes.
You know...just the necessities.

THESE I hid from Michelle though.
 :)


Actually, we'd left them in a hot car and were attempting to save them by blasting them with cold air. It worked quite well.

But at long last we arrived at Michelle's grandma's beautiful home, visited for a while, and settled into our lovely bedroom.


Next few days were filled with exploration of the neat 200 year old house, outings with Grandma, and making friends with the cats. 

Whitey was my particular favorite.


And here follow some pics of the inside of the house!



The stenciling on the wall is thought to be original to the home, back in the early 1800s. Built not all that long after the American Revolution!














Next up, pics of the outside!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whitey. Haha. Sounds like my kind of animal name: tell it like it is!