Full Bloom of Obedience
~John 15:8-11
My heart did struggle to comply
to my Lord's command.
Dear sins, self-love--all things to which
the Lord held out His hands.
But seeing these hands were pierced for me,
my heart released its hold,
And found that in so doing I
abided in His love.
With great surprise my heart did note
the rush of sap and life.
I saw the fruit, not of myself,
replace the sin and strife.
When next the Lord of Life walked by,
with pruning-shears in hand,
His face did shine with glory-light
at growth and fruit sustained.
And then did heart full understand--
the end of obedience see--
When Lord, through life, be glorified,
more full our joy shall be.

3 comments:
Your artwork is so beautiful, Hannah...God has definitely blessed you with a talent in drawing!
Wow Hannah! Nice job!
Thanks, Mrs. Kerr! Lord's gift, helped by those near 1000 drawings we did together! Whew! :)
Sam, thanks! This was the poem I was telling you about, btw. :)
Post a Comment