Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Texas: Life-risks

 And these pictures you must admire as long as you can.
Must.

For this one, I fought off hundreds, probably thousands, of blood-sucking mosquitoes, and unwittingly let about 50 of them into the car, which Oma and I then spent the rest of the trip slapping.


 And this tree was fun for the same reason. Only this time Oma and Aunt Joyce stayed in the car and had fun watching people approach the tree all excited, take a picture, look down at their feet, and make speedy tracks back to their cars, slapping right and left.

But Uncle Dave and I braved the mosquitoes for a few minutes to photograph the oldest, biggest Live Oak in the country.
Pretty neat.


I'm having a hard time using the "Great Outdoors" label on this post. 
Mosquitoes are NOT a great part of the outdoors.

2 comments:

vdhkids said...

Thanks for suffering so we could get to see....the TREE especially. Very neat. What is the yellow thing in the middle?

Hannah said...

It's a severed branch. :) Or the stump anyway. I think you can click on any pictures to enlarge, if you ever want to. And speaking of, you might want to zoom in on the second "hangin' tree" picture. :)