Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All-knowing...


"O LORD, you have searched me and know me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it."

Psalm 139:1-6

4 comments:

Katie, Rachel, Emily, Anna, Carrie, and Abby said...

What's that a pic of. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
-Rachel

Hannah said...

I think it's milkweed...you wouldn't believe how SOFT that fluff is! This pic was taken out in Logan, Utah, but it grows everywhere. Monarch caterpillars love it. God made so many unique plants!

Hugs,
Hannah

Anonymous said...

It IS truly gorgeous! I presume that the Monarch caterpillars will hatch into M/butterflies :D On our last visit to NZ we visited our dear old Pastor and he grows a plant especially to host the MB. We were so privileged to see a MB that was sitting on a blade of grass, drying its wings. Awesome!

ajb

Hannah said...

Mrs. Bridgewater...you presume correctly! And interestingly, it's eating the milkweed that makes them poisonous to birds... birds steer away from orange butterflies because of it, making life a bit safer for all Monarch look-alikes. :) Very neat about seeing the MB drying its wings, by the way! My brother Sam once "raised" a Monarch butterfly, egg-caterpillar-butterfly. Soooo amazing!!