Monday, October 19, 2009

Donut update

Okay, so I told you Tyler started making donuts? And maybe you remember this post from last year, where my record number of batches was 35? Oh man...did he ever destroy THAT record!!! A couple weeks ago, the grand total batches for one week was.....
65 batches!!!

Which comes to about 4875 donuts, or 406 dozen. :)

And yes, they all sold.

Needless to say, the very word "donut" now makes Tyler turn a bit pale. Or maybe a sickly green. The difficulties that accompany doing something well...poor fellow.

And here are some other records, if only for my own sake, to compare to last year.

--Fudge: 300lbs made over 2 weeks (60 9x13 pans)

--Pies fried/sold in one day: 900+ (and this was just a Sunday afternoon!)

--Sandwiches sold in one day: 800+ (during the Apple Festival)

--Caramel apples: no idea...lots :)

--Hot apple cider: had its big day during the "Steps for Pets", which took place on a 40 degree, drizzly morning. We couldn't keep our 2 3-gallon and 2 2-gallon warmers full!

--Apple bread: sorry, no time to make it, hence no sales ;)

--Cider: Mr. Ciderman doesn't know because he's been making donuts...but they're constantly making and selling it!

I think the Orchard is catching on!! Hee hee. Even last Saturday, when it was rainy and cold and we didn't expect anyone, we still had a steady stream of business! I told Jenny they must have under-estimated the popularity of their own Orchard. A good thing! Mr. Evans and Jenny work harder than anyone I know to make it a success. It's pretty inspiring!

3 comments:

Bek said...

I confess, I was one of those cider drinkers that day... Yum.

And you know we love that place, we tell everyone to go there. When my parents are in town, they love to go out and visit the store :)

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Well done Tyler! Are donuts seasonal?? (See "Keeping you in Stitches"!!)

Love,

Audrey

Hannah said...

How funny about the 2 donut posts, Mrs. Bridgewater! I think it must be something in the air this time of year... ;)