
For those who are curious how much fudge, donuts, pies, etc. a little apple orchard goes through in the time of a week, here's an estimate 0f what we made and sold this week:
--24 9x13 pans of fudge, (120 pounds, I believe)
--35 batches of donuts (that would be roughly 210 dozen...and yes, we sell out every week)
--THOUSANDS of fried pies (turnover size...we can barely keep up with the demand! They're what this orchard is famous for)
--Dozens upon sticky dozens of caramel apples
--I don't know how many gallons of cider (Tyler would know...he has spent almost every minute at the orchard this past week making and bottling cider!!)
*NOTE: I was just informed by Mr. Ciderman himself that they make, bottle and sell 2600-3500 gallons of cider weekly!!!!
--Lots and lots of apple butter, pumpkin butter, jams, jellies, and preserves! This is what they make all winter with all the extra fruits!
--I can't imagine how many apples, pumpkins, squashes, etc, they sell. But really I'm not surprised...their apples are gorgeous and the most delicious things ever!! How am I going to go back to grocery store apples after this?!?! I don't even want to think about it right now. :)
Obviously I don't know all the numbers, but it really is pretty amazing how busy they are this time of year!! I love it!! Today I spent most of my time in the back kitchen making donuts...77 dozen. Love those greasy racks. :P But to make up for it, I got to help jar apple butter, which is the most wonderful job because it smells so amazing!!! Hopefully I'll get some pictures of my workplace and all that fudge soon, but here's a link for the present:
http://www.evansorchard.com/Index.html
The Lord has definitely blessed Tyler and me with a great job. We love the people we work for...and most of the people we work with. ;) It's always busy and sometimes crazy, but has brought so many opportunities to share the gospel and reach out in love to hurting people who need Jesus!! Has been a growing experience for us both, for sure. Ha ha. That just struck me as funny after writing about all the fudge and donuts I make. *grin* Never mind.
(picture from www.evansorchard.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment