Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back to the Grind


I don't know if I should be labeling this post "happy thoughts" or not... For you see, after a LOVELY two-month break, I'm going back to work on Friday.  Tomorrow!!  Maybe just a half day. I'm undecided.  It's been a pretty productive couple of months.  December, of course, was spent Christmasing, but this past month I finished a couple books and got caught up on a bunch of projects (sewing, embroidery, art things, etc.) as well as emails. Plus I did more baking and cooking at home. :)  It's been wonderful!!

Vacation just spoils one. :)  But back to pies and preserves I go!  Three months of stocking up before they open for their 2010 season.  Okay, I'm getting a little more excited.  I just LOVE seeing spring come to the Orchard.  The warm days before they open, when I can sit way up in the playground eating my lunch...the baby leaves and flowers on the apple and peach trees...the smell of freshly mown grass...
I think I've got a mild case of spring fever. :)  We had quite a bit of rain a few weeks back, and warmer-than-usual weather, and our daffodils started poking up!  A very small promise of what will start coming in another month or so. :)  That said, though, I love snow, and would be happy to have more before spring gets here! 

So to the Orchard I go again! For my third year. 

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
Colossians 3:23-24



2 comments:

Bek said...

well I, for one, am excited! I love the Orchard, and I love to visit you there. (and taste your handiwork) ;)

You'll find it's a shock to go back, but a blessing in its own way, of course!

Hannah said...

:) Thanks Bek! It's true...the material benefits of working are a blessing indeed. ;) Hee hee! Not sure if that's what you meant, but I just remembered that fact, and I've been cheerfuller since. Hee heeee!