A rock sandwich!
You should have seen some of the expressions I got when I told the kiddos what we were having for lunch last Sunday!! The evening before, I had the girl go outside, find a good-sized rock, wash it, and bring it in to me, so that I could make lunch.
Ahhh...the fun of mystery!
Step 1:
Bake a round, 2lb loaf of pumpernickle bread! Mmmm.
Step 2:
Slice cooled bread into 6 layers.
Step 3:
Mix 2 packages of cream cheese (soft) with 2 T. of dry ranch dressing mix. Slather onto the bottom layer of bread, and slap on layers of deli turkey, bacon, mozzerella, and cheddar cheese.
Or...whatever your heart desires.
Step 4:
Continue layering up to the top, spreading the last of the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom side of the top piece of bread, and pressing it firmly down.
Step 5:
Pour 1/4 c. of olive oil over the top of the loaf, spreading evenly, and letting it drip down the sides. Wrap sandwich in foil.
Step 6:
Place an inverted dinner plate on top of the sandwich. Cover with waxed paper and/or paper towel. Set rock carefully on top, and let sit in refrigerator overnight.
Step 7:
At lunch time the next day, uncover your sandwich, and throw your rock back outside. Slice your beautiful and compact rock sandwich into wedges.
Step 8:
Serve with fruit and chips.
(And cookies won't be objected to, by any means).
Enjoy!!
This sandwich by any other name, might never have been tried!
But it was yummy, and I'm glad I gave it a go!

1 comment:
It was definitely a mystery. It turned out very good though!
Also noticed you got a new song going. A personal favorite too! :)
Post a Comment