We enjoyed a lovely hiking Saturday a couple weeks ago with some dear friends of ours.
It was sunny and in the upper 60s.
Zero humidity.
Hannah likes this.
:)
The Daddys leading ahead.
Forging the trail!
Actually, they just looked for diamonds and turtles painted on trees.
The daughters following. :)
And do you see this suspension bridge? It was at the very beginning of what we thought was our trail.
Some in our group (none in my family that I'm aware of...) are queasy about heights and were rather disappointed to discover that we'd taken a wrong turn, and never had to cross it in the first place! And not only that...had to cross back over!
So much for following the diamonds and turtles.
But it was just a lovely trail! Full of wildflowers and fresh greenery.
Michelle, that deadwood pic was for you. :)
We hiked 8 miles...so these breaks were well-deserved.
Happy hikers!
This overlook was our goal. Pretty gusty and chilly...but well worth it!
"O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures."
Psalm 104:24

9 comments:
Yeah! I love "my" picture. :P
How beautiful! I've been telling Dan how desperately I want to take the kids on the trail. Too bad every weekend has been booked so far (or rainy!)
Hee hee. Good. It was at a narrow place on the trail, and I held up the show for a couple minutes getting it. ;) The lengths I go to to get these things for you...
Boy Bek, what FUN it'll be to do one of your most favorite thing with the kiddos! Won't it be fun when they're bigger and you can take them camping, too? Hope a weekend opens up for you soon, while we have such lovely spring weather! Love you. :)
Oh my goodness...that bridge...ummm, cough, cough, feeling verrrrry faint...I would have been one of them that had wished there hadn't been a wrong turn!! :0 Actually, I might have wanted to have strangled you. :) BUT....it IS a spectacular view!
Oooooooooh! I would love to have joined you all for this hike. Thanks for posting the pictures so that I can enjoy it second-hand!
Love you! Bonnie Apai
Ha ha ha Mrs. Kerr! Well it wasn't ME that made us go the wrong way. There's no need to talk of strangling ME! Good gracious. ;) But I suppose if you must strangle someone for making you cross that bridge, it may as well be me, because I probably would have teased you forever about it afterward. ;)
And Bonnie Apai! I would have LOVED to have you join us! We need to add it to our long list of things to do together some day. :) We're just going to have to spend a month or two together I think, to get them all done. :D Hiking, tea-drinking, Austen-watching...
lol...well, I suppose I might not strangle you ;), but that pretty well sums up my fear of heights. haha
WHEW! I was a little worried there. Glad to hear you weren't serious, Mrs. K!!
Post a Comment