Spring is in the air...
because it hasn't stopped raining all day, and we had our first thunderstorm/tornado warning this morning at 5:30am!!!
OH boy!!
I say the solution to a grey and rainy day is...
SOUP!!
Minestrone in Minutes
1 lb keilbasa, sliced
1 c. chopped onion
1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
2 sm. zucchini, cubed
3 beef bouillon cubes
3 c. water
2 c. finely chopped cabbage
1 can (15.8 oz) great northern beans, undrained
1 tsp. dried basil
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
Grated parmesan cheese
In a large pot, brown sausage and onion until onion is tender. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Simmer 1 hour. sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 2 qts
*note: we usually use less meat and add more veggies...as in we keep the meat amount the same, and double everything else. :)
I actually love rainy days.
Any excuse to eat soup, I say.
And to stay home, drink tea, and read in my quiet attic room, with the rain pitter-pattering on the roof. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment