Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stop #1. North Carolina!

 I haven't posted for the past several weeks for the simple reason that I was on vacation!!
 :)
First stop was visiting some dear friends in NC! I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked...but these are from the Billy Graham Library...


Bethany (in orange) and I have been emailing since we were about 13/14...and this is only the 3rd time we've gotten together in person!  I suppose the fact that they lived in Papua New Guinea for most of that time had something to do with that...

And this is the Graham home, where Billy Graham grew up! It was moved here from its original location a few miles away.


But before exploring the house, we toured the inside of the library/museum...this was Ruth Graham's wedding dress. :)




 Didn't get many pictures of the rest of the tour...but these are some inside shots of the Graham house. I just loved the kitchen and color schemes! So light and cheerful! :)




It was a really fun time of catching up with Bethany and getting to know her family better. The time was too short...but lovely. :)

Next up South Carolina!

2 comments:

vdhkids said...

thank you, thank you....new posts.

His Proverbs31 Sparrow said...

Oh, that I could have been there with you...what a wonderful excursion!! It is on our agenda to one of these days be able to go and do the same. Ruth Graham, I believe, is one of the loveliest Christian ladies that ever was...one of my heroes of the faith.