Friday, December 19, 2008

I Heard the Bells...


I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men.



I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along th' unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men.



And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth good-will to men"



Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."



Then ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day-
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!


From our home to yours, a very very blessed and joyful Christmas!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Michelle Shook said...

Lovely pictures! It looks like you finally got some snow? I'm glad you'll have a white Christmas. :) Love you!

Hannah said...

Glad you like the pictures! But sadly *sniff sniff* our snow melted!! We had a nearly 60 degree day last Friday. It's back to a frigid 20ish degrees now, but no snow. :( Glad I got the pictures before it melted though! Hope you all enjoy a white Christmas!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!...you had SNOW...how BEAUTIFUL!! So far we haven't had any, :(, but the year's not over yet! :)

From our home to yours, a very blessed and merry Christmas!

Love you!,
Mrs. K