Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yuuuummmmm...

Homemade slice and bakes!! Boy were these yummy! Kinda like a citrus shortbread cookie. I wasn't very well prepared to make them though. I doubled it, and had only 2 T. of lime juice and no limes for zest. Sooo....I used 2 T. lemon juice with the lime juice, and grated the 2 lemons we had, and since I was still 2 lemons/limes short for zest, I grated an orange to bring me up to the proper amount. ;) So I guess mine were Citrus bites. Either way, pretty tasty.


Key Lime Bites

3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar, divided
2 T. lime juice
zest of 2 limes
1 T. vanilla extract
1-3/4 c. plus 2 T. all-purpose flour
2 T. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt

Cream butter and 1/3 c. powdered sugar. Blend in lime juice, zest and vanilla; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt; add to butter mixture, stirring until combined. Roll dough into a log; chill for one hour. Slice log into 1/8-inch thick rounds (sharp knife works great!); place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes or until slightly golden. Place remaining powdered sugar in a large plastic bag. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for several minutes. While still warm, place cookies in bag with powdered sugar; toss gently to coat.
Makes 2 dozen.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, anything with lime sounds yummy!!