At lunch the other day, I suggested to the girls that they write a story for me to post on my blog. Now, I KNOW what kind of stories Grace and Abbie come up with, and I honestly am not sure what I was thinking.
Prepare yourself.
````````````````````````
Ben and Maxwell
and the Digital Camera
Note from the authors, Grace and Abbie van der Hoeven:
"Ben and Maxwell are dwarf paperdoll kids. They are around half a foot tall (in paperdoll world). We like them a lot. They are the main subject of our paper doll play."
"Ben and Maxwell are dwarf paperdoll kids. They are around half a foot tall (in paperdoll world). We like them a lot. They are the main subject of our paper doll play."
You thought I was kidding. You thought it would be a cute, if a bit sappy and flowery, story by the 2 sweet little girls most of you know. But no. My little sisters aren't content to make up stories about princesses and castles. They make up stories about naughty little paperdolls!
This picture shows just a portion of the paperdoll community that lives in the girls' closets. And they ALL have names. And they pretty much know ALL of them by sight. AND each one has a unique personality (I think that's what comes of being hand-drawn and colored.)

3 comments:
I LOVE paperdolls...wish I was there to join in the fun with the girls. (although *my* paperdolls would scold their very mischievous paperdolls!) ;)
Hmmmm...yes...their paperdolls definitely need a schoolmarm paperdoll! :)
Based on previous experience, I was expecting something longer ;)
Ha ha! I very much enjoyed that. (Especially your little ??? insertions!). Mom was amazed at the paper doll picture, too.
Post a Comment