Day seven...the day we leave Yellowstone. Our last drive down the 6-mile bumpy driveway (hurrah! says Daddy!). Our last drive through the Northern Yellowstone entrance. Our last view of the beautiful beautiful park. On to the Tetons! We spent a couple hours at Jenny Lake, but couldn't stay long because we were planning to get to our dear friends, the Shooks, before it got too dark to see our way. Um....is 11pm too dark? We conveniently blame Bossy Betty, our GPS for taking us the long way. Wow what a twisty, dark road that seemed to go on foreeeeever!! But we did get there at long last, and had a lovely visit with our friends the next day. Then, that night, I said goodbye to my family as they drove to their motel room. They were leaving me BEHIND and driving the first leg home the next morning. I stayed on with my friend Michelle for about 2 more weeks. :) It was very strange to see them drive away without me though. The family got home safely, and everyone, I've heard, slept in until nearly 11am the next day!! What a vacation!! And what an amazing place!! We all would do it again, long days of driving and all, in a heartbeat. :) It was so neat to see a different part of the country. The Lord is so full of variety! Even in our own USA the landscape varies so much! We saw so many glimpses of His awesomeness in all the beauty. Such a GREAT God He is!!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
These are wonderful pictures. It's funny, because I seem to remember a couple other brothers who stood in front the Tetons being silly in front of the camera. :) Thank you so much for posting all these slideshows.
Oh, and final note, I am one person who was very glad that the family all drove away without you that night... *grin*
Hey yeah...I remember that! Ha ha! I'm justified then, when YOUR brothers remind me of MINE!! And now I have pictures to back it up!
Post a Comment