...when you've been without power for 72 hours, your siblings would love a yummy dessert, and you don't want to make pudding?
MAKE BROWNIES!!
.jpg)
How, you ask? Well, come up with the brilliant idea to use the roaster! Plug it in, warm it up, mix up your brownies, put the pan inside and...see the lights in the next room start going out and hear the blower on the wood stove putter out and die. Oops.
Well, maybe we can just leave the roaster on, finish cooking the brownies, and THEN try to fix the power problem. Hmmm, nope. Mom would rather keep the house from freezing. Understandable. What do you do with slightly warmed up brownie batter? Eat it with a spoon? (I can hear Tyler cheering that idea!) I rather think not.

So here are the brownies...obviously cooked. How, you ask again?
.jpg)
TA DA!!!
When you can't bake 'em, GRILL 'em!!!
And besides the sliiiightly charred edges, well-browned top, and crusty crust...they really weren't half bad, so the family said. Nobody turned them down at any rate, as my dear father pointed out. HA! But I think I will have to practice my dessert grilling skills over the next few days and redeem myself. Or better yet, maybe the electricity will return!! Hurrah!

5 comments:
Wow! That is awesome! I'm glad they worked out. Stay warm, my dear friend! (Did you sleep by the fire last night after all?) :)
here's hoping for the return of power to you... but you could always try grilled fruits. yummmmmmmmmmm
or roasted apples with brown sugar inside the cored out part...
or smores...
Michelle: YES I slept by the fire...twice. Got up about every 2 hours to feed the flames, but it was, in fact, pretty comfy! Flickering fire...ticking clock...warm fleece blanket. :) Looking forward to my own bed though.
Bek: You're making me hungry...I think the power needs to go off more often! Baked apples...mmmmmm.
Wow, that is fantastically brilliant!
Post a Comment