Monday, January 5, 2009

Baking memories...

I never did get to posting these pictures, but we did a LOT of baking last month! And everyone got in on the fun.


My friend Bekea and her daughter Ainsley (who though 1 year old, did her best to bust out of her livingroom and playpen confinement to help us out) came over one morning to have a cookie day. Traditions are so great! We made lots of cookies, as you can see.


And then there was Tyler. He usually "lets" me make the dough for his Cookie Dough Truffles, to avoid using the mixer...but this year, I made him do it. Look at the face of disgusted resignation.


This part was more fun...getting dough balls and self covered in chocolate!


Grace and Abbie started working in the kitchen together this year, and so wanted to do some Christmas cookies on their own. They might look innocent, but boy can they turn out some COOKIES! It makes us downright nervous sometimes, though, hearing all the giggling coming from the kitchen while they're in the midst of a baking project.

"You ARE remembering to follow the recipe, right?"

"OF COURSE, Hannah. Don't worry."

"Well....just make sure you do! You remember you're doubling the recipe...um...right? I...I'm always here if you need help! You don't need HELP do you?"

"NO! Of course not!!"

*gulp*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, would anyone care to know if Hannah always follows recipes?? or remembers that she's doubling? Oh right, this is not my blog...so sorry.

Michelle Shook said...

These are great! They make me a wee bit hungry....oh, Hannah, we had better start our food lists again! :-P Happy Tuesday, and I'll talk to you tonight. Love you!

Bek said...

Hooray for Christmas Cookie Day!

We brought them to Arizona - though some didn't survive the car trip...

Hannah said...

My dear Anonymous: I choose to ignore anonymous comments. Such undercover dealings...attempting to reveal the blogger's hypocrisy in being concerned about the girls in the kitchen. I follow recipes...mostly. And we won't talk about the time that I... ;)

Hannah said...

Michelle: yeah, the food lists...we kinda got off that...huh. Well, I suppose it would be for the good of all to start again, and easier too now that Christmas goodies are mostly gone!! Hee hee. Look forward to talking tonight too!! :) Love you!

Hannah said...

Bek: "didn't survive the car trip"...would you like to clarify? Did they get crushed or have a little more help meeting their end? ;) You left it rather ambiguous as to the cause of their demise, and as a concerned cookie-lover, wanted to make sure it was a happy end

*HUGS* See you soon I hope!