And now for Carrie's birthday!
Little Carrie has been into horses lately, and when she saw these cupcakes...well...try them I must! You DID know they were horses, didn't you? :) Grace was my cupcaker-in-training on this one. Although, I think that title could belong to both of us...I'm not very good at this yet!
Okay, so on to the makings of! Bet you didn't know horse necks were made of creme wafers! Assorted creme wafers, no less! Yum. Yum.

And this is where the horses got a bit more...complicated. A bad thing when you've just started! You see, the horse heads were supposed to be white circus peanuts. Walmart apparently doesn't keep white horseheads stocked...so how to turn these orange 'uns into white 'uns. That shall be seen in a moment.
Not a fan of circus peanuts, by the way. *gag!!* Sorry Mom.

Did I mention I was instructed to use Creamy (non)Home-style frosting again? *sigh*. But it was necessary, because it (along with some of those vanilla and chocolate melty wafers) were the glue that held the horses together. Mostly.

This is a picture I find slightly disturbing, but it's necessary so you can see the structure of the horse heads. And so you can see my problem. We dipped the horse heads. Into melted white chocolate. Would have been a good idea, except it added weight. And weight is bad. Remember the light and fluffy cupcakes from the previous post? Not exactly stable. *cough*
ANYway...2 wafers glued together, heads trimmed and glued into wafers, blobs of melted white chocolate applied, and sprinkles...sprinkled. Can you tell it's a horse yet?

This might look like a whispered conference about the miseries of being hairless, but really, it's a group of horsey friends upholding each other during the rough time we put them through. Literally, upholding each other. We lost one or two who had suffered from instability since their cupcakehood, but most survived. Oh, and this is where I decided horse cupcakes were HORRIBLE.
But really, when all was said and done...and when the eyes, ears, mane, tail and all were added...they weren't so bad. And kinda cute. Carrie loved 'em. :)
And as always, if the birthday girl is happy...we're all happy!

The cupcakers. The matching cupcakers!

She really isn't taller, I'm just slouching...or maybe she's on her tiptoes...or maybe, she's just, taller. Bummer.


6 comments:
Heehee, hoho...this is equivalent to the cat with the lemon laughter...I am holding my sides!...these are *great*, girls...I LOVE 'em!! Definitely looks like a first-cousin-once-removed-horse to our horse in our front pasture. :)
But......, (clearing throat, trying to gently tell you this)...ummm...Hannah...it looks like Grace truly is taller than you. Way to go little sister!!! :):)
don't worry, my little brothers aren't taller than me either... *cough,cough*
I think horses are officially banned from cupcakes from this moment on.
Oh, and yes, circus peanuts are gross. Unless they are the real deal. You know, an actual peanut, not the sugar concoction trying to pass as a peanut.
Mrs. K...
#1. I feel veeeery sorry for the horse in your front pasture. :)
#2. Encouragement of excessive sibling growth (excessive, of course, being taller than me) is not to be tolerated! There are still 4 little sisters who should not be encouraged to grow taller than me!! Please refrain in the future. :D
Bek...thank you for agreeing with me on the peanuts! They are generally loved and savored here, for reasons unknown to me, so it was good to find a fellow despiser of the gross orangey-sugar blobs.
#1. I beg your pardon...at least *our* horse doesn't have a peanut head! :)
By the way, I, too, gag over candy peanuts. They rank right up there with candy oranges. Yuck!!
#2. Not to rub it in :) :)...but I think Tyler and Sam are more than likely going to pass you, as well, if they haven't already! :0 It's probably all those sweets you've made for your younger siblings over the years...good for the growing bones, don't you know. ;)
Hmmm...I wouldn't go so far as to say candy peanuts are as bad as orange slice candies. Even I like those! :) They're the ingredient in Mom's favorite cookie!
And if it must be admitted...Tyler and Sam have long past me. And as for the rest of them, I'll just have to tell 'em that I'm not making any more goodies. Do you want to break the news?
I've enjoyed looking at all your birthday goodies. The horses are great! And circus peanuts are about my favorite candy. Your mom's too?
Post a Comment