For a special Saturday morning treat...
What ARE those monstrosities in the oven?
Are you SURE this is going to be good?
Wait, I see something emerging from the fog!!
AHA!!
German Puffed Pancakes!
Of COURSE!
Mixing up some blueberry sauce whilst the pancake puffed...
A few topping choices...
And voila!! A beautiful breakfast!
I know, I know...you can barely see the pancake under everything I put on it. :) But that's half the fun, right?
And so you all can make this marvelous recipe for yourselves:
German Puffed Pancake
6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. butter
Turn oven to 400* F. Put butter in a greased 9"x13" pan and put in oven to melt while you whisk eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour over melted butter and bake 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
Serve immediately with whatever you desire.
:)

8 comments:
Thank you for the interesting rendition of "How Deep the Father's Love for us". I really love it when people do creative things with familiar tunes. It makes on really sit up and listen!
Hmmm...now you have my curiosity up! I've never heard that song with any other tune. :) But I do love this song.
Happy Easter, Mrs. Bridgewater! Many blessings on you and your family!
It's the same song that I know, but the rythym/timing seemed different. Our musos play it in 4/4.
BTW, I've left a message for you in my blog entry "Music for Passover".
Shalom to you and yours. (and Hugs, but they're a little more difficult to transmit!)
Very nice pics! The foggy one is great. :-D I love puffy pancakes...they're really good with a bit of lemon juice and powdered sugar (just for future reference, ya know!). Love you much!
Thanks for taking the time to post. I am enjoying your blog. I have never made these before and plan to try them out this week.
Cindy ( EAA group)
Mrs. B...I think the hugs made it. :)
Michelle...mental note made...but is the lemon juice and sugar mixted together? Or do you put them on separately? Hee hee. I'm seeing a lemon drizzle.
Mrs. M...I'm so glad you're enjoying it! And I hope the pancakes turn out for you! They're fun. :)
Oh, separately my dear, separately. :)
*humph* and I was thinking how nice a lemon glaze would be on them! :D Even if I was pretty sure you meant separately. Ha ha ha.
Post a Comment