Uh oh.
The title of this post says "oops", and there's a picture of the back of Hannah's car. What did she do THIS time?
Let me tell you!
SO!
The plan was to get up early and hit a couple of stores before picking up a box of t-shirts from a lady who hired me to do some embroidery for her coffee shop. I was going to find everything I needed, zip over to the shop, and be home before lunch! Right? Right. Good plan.
First store wasn't open until 10am.
I'm guessing 8:45 is a little too early to hang around for the doors to open?
Second store took me forever to try things on and...well...those sales racks are just so distracting! And before I knew it, it was time for me to be at the coffeeshop, and I had to put everything back that I'd found, and walk out. My morning is going so well...
But I got to the shop in time...
in time for there to be a flood of customers, so that the owner couldn't get to me for nearly an hour and a half!!!!! Had my laptop with me, but no internet. OH! What was I thinking!?!? I could have played some Solitaire! Man. Opportunity lost. *sigh*
But at last, we quickly talked over what I was going to be doing, and I walked out with a box of shirts...and was met by the sight of...
my car headlights.
ON.
Surely it wasn't a long enough time for the battery to die. Surely!
*vremmmbrererakljvermba*
(sounds of car not starting)
Or maybe it was.
So there I sat. In my dead car on Main Street. But I knew what to do. No fear! I just called my own personal hero:
"DAAAADDDDYYYYYYY!!!!!"
Dear Daddy.
Mom has told him many times that he'll never be bored with so many girls around needing help and rescuing all the time. :) Hee hee hee!!! But I am so thankful for his long-suffering and patience in things like this. He never makes me feel like I just did something stupid (even if it...was). Just rescues me and makes me feel safe and protected. :) I love my Daddy.
And God knew I was going to run the battery dead, too! I had parked in the place behind an empty "fire hydrant" space, so Daddy was able to pull right up in front of me to give me a jump start, without any inconveneint pushing or pulling (!!) or finding of car owners to move their vehicles...especially considering it was Main Street, and a little busy!! :-O
And though he didn't have a jump cable, the owner of the coffeeshop did!
But I'm still trying to figure out what the lesson was.
Well...I do know one:
Even the best-laid plans don't always happen!
"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth." (Prov. 27:1)
"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand." (Prov. 19:21)
I got home an hour later than planned, without ANY clothing finds (had to go out later, 'cause goodness knows you can't let a coupon expire), and a box of shirts that took me nearly 2 hours to pick up. :P But as my dear Oma says:
"Write your plans in pencil, and give God the eraser."
In the end, you're NOT in charge of what happens, and you just have to learn to let go if it, and realize He is the one who holds the future!! Make plans, sure! But choose to "Commit your work to the Lord..." and trust that He has a perfect plan in mind, even if it doesn't look so splendid at first glance...and in time, HIS time, "your plans will be established." (Prov. 16:3) Because plans and work put into the hands of the Lord, get changed around into HIS plans and work...which cannot fail to be blessed!
No, I'm not talking about my shopping trip any more. :)
And thank the Lord, He, too, is patient and long-suffering! And is always there, ready to help us in our foolishness...never berating or scolding. Simply setting us on the right path again, and whispering encouragement and love to us all the while.
He is so good!
And I'm never.
Let me repeat that, NEVER! leaving my headlights on again......
Lord willing. ;)
.jpg)

1 comment:
Oh, dear Hannah! We've all done it ... sadly, most of us have done it more than once!
Post a Comment