The girls will drink tea!
Yes, we drink it while they're here, too.
But we just love when we can skip the meat and potatoes and enjoy tea party fare in place of a "real" meal.
:)
A bit of soup? Yes? This was a most amazing Bacon Cauliflower soup.
Recipe below!!
No tea party is complete without scones of some variety!!
These are chocolate-orange. Mmmm...
And of COURSE!
What tea party is complete without a passel of GIRLS!?!? This is four of the seven that attended. They are ALWAYS up for some fun.
Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
1 medium head cauliflower (2 lbs), cut into florets
2 c. (ahem) half-and-half cream, divided
1/2 c. shredded Asiago cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 to 1 c. water
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
Place cauliflower and 1/2 c. cream in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan.
Stir in the cheese, salt, nutmeg, pepper and remaining cream. Add enough water to reach desired consistency; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with bacon.
Yield: 4 servings

5 comments:
Looks like a delightful time! I have happy memories of vdH tea parties. :) Your soup recipe is lovely as well (2 cups?!? WHO would think of such a thing?).
Oh, and the teacups are very cute! :D
Hee hee...I wondered if you'd notice the teacups!
As for the 2 cups...yeah, outrageous, huh? YOU would NEVER send me a recipe that used 2 cups of cream!!! Hmmmm...
Mmmmm! Your soup recipe would fit just nicely into a high protein/low carb eating plan. I will try it! 'sounds Yum!
Excellent! I want to get on your eating plan, Mrs. B!! :) I'm guessing the scones are out, though?
Post a Comment