Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fishing for Lake Trout

After our grand hike, the little girls wanted to visit Watoga lake one last time. So some of us put back on our shoes and walked down to the pretty waterfront.


Silly shoes!
What are shoe laces good for anyway?!? They only come untied and trip you!


Let's try this again!



Rock skipping...Carrie really got into it.


Look at her face of concentration! What an arm!!
I believe Kate gave up, however...she switched over to rock plopping.


Beautiful stillness...
you can pretend anyway.
A video would quickly reveal that it was beautiful liveliness, filled with the chatter of 3 excited girls feeding bread to the bluegill.



But on to the next diversion of our lake-excursion!

Fishing for lake trout!
THIS is the real calling of those pesky shoe laces.
Hope's idea.


I think they had about as much success as Anne of Green Gables.


I prefer to keep my laces dry, though, thank you. These poor shoes have had enough wear and tear as it is. I won't subject them to a swim in lake water.


No fish for dinner. But you can't say they didn't try.


Mother likes this place. :)


Daddy met us half way back with the little one who got a wild ride back from big sis. :) This is how YOU'D want to wake up from your nap, isn't it?


End of another fun day. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Allison said...

Hope has gotten so big! I remember when she was just a baby! :)

His Proverbs31 Sparrow said...

I *know* that look, Selah...it's the same one *I* get when someone's pushing me in my wheelchair down a hill a bit too fast...eek! ggg

Love the pics, Hannah...looks like a lovely, serene place to take a walk. "Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." ~Acts 14:17

Unknown said...

Hope is a van der Hoeven, no doubt about it. Always improvising :) Way to go Hope!