What to do for Abbie's 13th birthday cake?
It used to be a no-brainer when she was into frogs. :) But this year it's been huskies.
Aigh!
Step #1
Have you sister Grace find a picture of husky pups.
Step #2
Make sure the picture is sketchable, and has good lines to follow.
Step #3
Just start, and hope they turn out. :)
Ta daaaaa!!!
It's like one of those places where you send your picture in and they turn it into blanket for you. :)
Well....okay, so maybe this isn't quite as accurate...but you can eat it!!!
Sounds like an improvement to me!
The difficulty?
Nobody can bear to eat the puppies...

15 comments:
What an adorable cake! You are very talented!
I don't know if you remember me, but our families went to Shaker Town together a few years ago. Well, maybe quite a few years ago; Hope was a baby!!
I really enjoy your blog, and you might have just inspired me to try cake decorating!
Blessings to you and yours,
In Him,
~Olivia Feller
Hi Olivia! I definitely remember you! :) I remember not feeling well that day we went to Shaker Town...but I also remember the neat paring knife you and your brothers made, that your mother brought to cut your picnic apples. :) Glad you enjoy the blog. And let me know if you try cake decorating...it's the hobby your family will keep you doing once you start! :) Many blessings back at you and your family, Olivia! Thanks for saying hi!
It's so adorable! :)
Ainsley has decided she wants an ice cream cake... that sure makes things interesting. I'll really have to think about what to put on it. Eep.
Ha ha ha Bekea!!! Ice cream cake, eh? If Dairy Queen can do it, so can you!!! You just need a walk-in freezer to work in, is all. ;) Just let me know if you need some help...
Oh, Hannah...how adorable! And I love your sketch, as well...makes me think of embroidery ideas. :) Let's see...how about huskies praying, and huskies going to church, and huskies having a birthday party, and a husky with a lemon in his mouth, (well, scratch the last one, lol), and, and....hmmm...sounds like the start to a winning set, don't you think? heehee
HA HA HA!!! See? This is PROOF, Mrs. K, that you come up with the lemon-in-mouth ideas! I would never normally think of such things, therefore you cannot shift the blame on me for that goofy picture. I was just carrying out your ideas. But you're making me really miss the picture drawing. And remember that pumpkin-painting job I used to have? I'm missing it too...Bek, the commenter above, now does it for the Orchard. I really wish I'd remembered to take the picture of the little one with the glasses/big nose/mustache disguise she made. You would have LOVED it, Mrs. K!!! Bek...I need one!!
HA!...PROOF??...does simply acknowledging it assume *guilt*?? :) Could I not have been simply interjecting *your* idea into something new? lol
Lemon in the mouth...what a silly, silly...well, just quite preposterous idea, dear confused one! ggg
Oh, I *miss* those drawings coming through the email...was always soooo fun to see how you interpreted my ideas. The characters were drawn to look so sweet and innocent...I always fell in love with each and everyone of them! Kinda like how I feel about Pooh Bear and Tigger and all those other adorable critters that others have drawn over time.
And yes, I remember your pumpkin painting job...they were adorable, as well!
You know, if you ever have free time again (HA!)...you are more than welcome to start drawing again for me (hint, hint, lol)...I still have many more ideas! :) :) I'm trying to remember, there was also something your dad suggested we collaborate on sometime. What was it...it had something to do with some kind of joint book effort, but I don't remember about what...some character or another. Whatever it was, I remember thinking it would be fun to try one day. We'll still have to do that...when *one* of us gets some free time.... haha
If I recall, there was a time in the recent past in which you finally admitted to coming up with the cat/lemon idea. I will not allow you to recant. I'm happy to pull out the old email records, if I'm forced to. :)
And I only wish I DID hae time to draw for you!! Maybe you could send one idea a week (hee hee...as opposed to 100 daily ideas) for me to sketch for you. That might be fun...again, if there's time.
As for Daddy's idea...was it the story based on the ones he used to tell us? That I drew a picture of for Luke?
Well...bedtime. This is so silly...using the comment section of my blog to basically write emails to each other! Silly silly Mrs. K. But what's to be expected from someone who comes up with cat/lemon ideas and tilts pictures?
I am speechless (I'm in the middle of sucking on a lemon from my tea...got the idea from your cat drawing.) heehee
That would be fun, if you had time. You just get busier whilst I just slow down more & more, though...you think it has something to do with our ages? lol
Now I'm curious what your dad had suggested...I will have to look through your emails sometime.
Heehee...now that brings a giggle...I think we stifled serious fits of laughter all the way up the stairs! :) :)
Night!
YOUR cat drawing idea. And I refuse to argue any more about it. Subject closed.
And why don't you go ahead and send an idea (note...singular), and I'll see what I can do sometime this weekend. I need to be drawing anyway, to keep up practice, so it'd be fun to have ideas. Once October is over, work stuff will slow down (while craft projects and fall cleaning pick up!). Scanning and sending the pics will be the thing that takes longer to do. ;)
And I think you're right...after about 4-5 pictures, we could barely hold in the guffaws. Think it had something to do with the hour of night? Or was it morning? We worked on those embroidered trees for HOURS upon HOURS. I think we would have had fits of giggles over just about anything at that point. Hee hee. Good memories!!!
Love you, Mrs. K!!!
Okay, I *publicly* concede, (there, are you happy?, ggg)...it was my idea. heehee
Oh how fun...now to figure out what *one* idea each week I want done most. :0 You know Miss Hannah, that's like telling someone to pick out *one* piece of candy, when a whole counter of delights are in front of them! You are a strict task-master, but somehow, I'll manage. ggg
Most likely it was the hour, lol...I mean, what is so doggone funny about tipping pictures? I think we were definitely a little sleep-deprived by then. :) And oh my word...I'd forgotten *why* we were up at that hour. What trees were those, and what was it for? Were we trying to make a design fit a 4x4 hoop for a certain item? I remember now working on *something* embroidery late that evening, but other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Yes, that visit was good memories...of course how can it not be, visiting the vdh's? :) Love you, too!!!
Mrs. K...I believe you when you say picking one picture idea will be difficult...you'll be flooded will hundreds, and have to wade through them all before you can pick just one. I hope you don't lose sleep over this!!! ;)
And I'll email you the trees we were working on. We were working on doing a larger design (trees+black bear+moose) in my 4x6 hoop, in 2-3segments. And then realized the density of the stitches was WAY too high, and stitched out just the trees and at least 8 times, trying to improve it. And even after doing it that many times, we weren't done yet. Imagine what crazy things we might have done if we'd stayed up later!
Lol...it will be fun to wade through them all. :)
My word...even that doesn't ring a bell...maybe when I see them. Of course, I probably don't remember any of these details like you do, because being older, (clearing throat)...being older... sleep deprivation at those hours take a much greater TOLL! lol I can't believe you remember even the number of times...all I remember is we were working on something embroidery, and then later, heading up the stairs to bed, trying to stifle our laughter after tipping some pictures. :)
OH MY!! The talent in all of you is so fun to see. :) So many wonderful memories are being made :) Miss you all.
What a creative cake! I went through the husky stage myself, so I know I would have loved to have a cake like this. Good job!
Post a Comment