Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hidden Way


"Do not say in thine heart what thou wilt or wilt not do, but wait upon God until He makes known His way. So long as that way is hidden it is clear that there is no need of action, and that He accounts Himself responsible for all the results of keeping thee where thou art."

--Selected
(Streams in the Desert, Oct. 19)

7 comments:

His Proverbs31 Sparrow said...

I absolutely *love* this quote Hannah...what wonderfully wise words!!

vdhkids said...

I love the new look, Hannah, and I love the quote. One for the book, for sure.
I love you.
Mom

Hannah said...

It is definitely in the book, Mother. :) I especially love how it says "He accounts Himself responsible"...it's so easy to think I'm going to miss out on something by His not moving me on to something else. But He takes all things into account, and so if He still has me here, doing what I do, it is for the absolute best...even if I don't understand yet. :) Need to learn to be more like the "weaned child with its mother"...just resting in knowing that He takes responsibility for me, and all I have to do is trust and take each step as He gives it.

Unknown said...

I love that picture, Hannah. It looks just like one of mine!

I also love the quote, and as you said, have found it true many times. Two quotes come to my mind. The first is a familiar passage from Proverbs: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6, emphasis added). The other comes from a song by Matthew West, where he says, "I don't want to move unless You move me." I guess that's all along the same lines: our lives our in God's hands, and He knows best. We only need to trust and follow Him, and He will lead. If he's not moving, than there's no need to move. What a blessed reminder! Thank you for sharing the quote.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I think I like the new blog look too ;) Not quite my style, but hey, it's not my blog either :)

Hannah said...

Ha ha...Sam, does that mean you won't want to come visit my blog anymore? *sniff* It's still got a lot of tweaking to go. I was getting tired of the old look and needed something fresh. :) And since I can't make my own cool buttons...had to go the easy way. :)

And thanks, too, for your comments. "Waiting on the Lord" is all OVER the Bible. And in each case it was very well worth it. Or...when they disobeyed, it had consequences that were far harder than the waiting was. Which reminds me of a quote that I need to post. :)
Is that Matthew West song one I'd like? I don't think I've heard it.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'll be back, as I guess is evidenced by the fact that I'm leaving this comment :)

I don't know if you'd like that song by Matthew West, but I'm sure there are some you would like. You like Steven Curtis Chapman, right? A lot of Matthew West's stuff is similar--great lyrics, great music, great voice . . . next to SCC, he's my favorite. I could email you my favorite of his songs ("Only Grace") if you like.