Our first day trip together was up to Jackson Hole, WY. It was about 6 hours up, 5 hours back, since we stopped quite a bit on the way there...driving and making fun stops together is half the fun! And there was quite a bit of snow (as you can see) still up in the mountains, which I really enjoyed. I'd never been out here in the spring before. We got both 70 degree days as well as snowy days!
The happy threesome:

Abby really enjoyed going out with "the girls". :)

One of our stops was in Afton at a bookshop called "Dog-Eared Books", a really nice little shop with well-priced, used and new books. We both found a few treasures. Abby, however, much preferred stopping at a gas station...where we got chocolate. :) In this picture, though, she's trying to hide from the noise in the street, as there was some sort of demonstration with cars honking their horns. We couldn't cross the street to our car, so had to stand there with poor Abby until they all passed.

But goldfish made up for it! And we enjoyed many of them.

Ahhh...the Tetons at last...sort of. They were covered in clouds for about 15-20 minutes, but the wind was blowing and slowly clearing them. So we hung around taking pictures in the snow.


Ah hah!! You can just barely see peak! It was neat to see this mountain range in different weather, since it had always been crystal clear the other 2 times I'd been here. And we were blessed to be able to see them at all, since it was supposed to be raining the whole day. As you can see, we had at least some sunshine and blue sky for a good part of the day!

They almost looked bigger with the clouds hiding the peaks.

After waiting so long for the clouds to clear off, we only had an hour or so to spend in the Jackson Hole tourist traps before heading home. But one really fun thing that we wanted to do was to call my family on the cell phone, and have them look us up on the Jackson Hole webcam! I talked to them while they watched us on the computer back in KY. So weird. Mom took a screen shot of us...we're on the bottom right, next to the pole. Michelle is on the left, Abby's in the middle, and I'm on the right. :) That was pretty neat!

At last we loaded up and moved out for the long drive home. Michelle and I worked on, what I think is called a plain chant (Michelle? Correct?) from Cantus Christi on Psalm 1. I'd never sung one before, and it was really fun, and was a pleasant way to pass the time.

So we're driving home and it's getting darker...and we're on a twisty canyon road without many people...and it starts to snow! HARD! I guess that's the mountains in Utah in April, but it was a little tense. So we sang Jingle Bells and took pictures of the snow. An exciting end to a lovely day.

1 comment:
Great post! What a fantastic day that was (even the scary snow... :) ). I'm sorry I missed some of the pictures; it's weird, I thought all folders were on there. But no worries, I'll burn 'em again and include them in my next package. :-D Love you!!
Post a Comment