We never did get to making sugar cookies at Christmas time...but the lovely thing about sugar cookies is they're adaptable to whatever holiday happens to be closest. :) So without further ado, here are some pictures my mother took of the Valentine's cookie day.

On the sheet, ready for the oven.

We make big batches whenever we make cookies. But sugar cookies are worth making LOTS. And they're a bit more work, so why not just do a bunch while you're at it?

Cookie decorating is seeeerious business! Frosting must be smooth perfection. Every sprinkle painstakingly placed.

I think they were actually hoping for a few odd ones..."Oops! This one's a misfit! Guess I'll just have to eat it!" For example, someone "accidentally" used green sprinkles. She said it was an accident...she "didn't see what color it was before she used it"...hmmmm. I have my suspicions.
I love sugar cookies. So pretty! Not to mention really delicious!


2 comments:
When ever we make cookies, we hope that one will 'break'....'couse then we'll HAVE to eat it! ;-)
yummmm, they look so yummy!
I think we'll need to make Easter cookies together, since it's been so long!
Post a Comment