I am really looking forward to spring! No, our redbuds aren't out yet...this is an old picture. :) But I just LOVE the gradual coming of spring, as there get to be more and more warmish days and breezes become balmy. Got into the 60s just barely today, and we had a lovely warm rainshower this morning. I was out at the orchard today (organizing boxes, cleaning drawers, and making peach preserves) and as I sat in the car eating lunch (soooo nice and quiet) it was fun just to look at the apple and peach trees, still bare, and know that before long they'd be full of blooms! Also fun to watch were some pesky sparrows who have made their home under the eaves of the orchard porch. I call them pesky because I've often had to clean up after them...but they're really kinda fun (apart from said problem) and have very cheery songs. I'm so glad God decided to invent seasons. We'd get so bored of the same weather all the time, I think. :) And I'm glad I live in a place where the seasons are so distinct and different! But early spring has always been a favorite, as all things seem to come alive, fresh and new. There's just something about the smell of fresh baby leaves coming out, daffodils, and wet dirt that just gives me "thrills" (as Anne of Green Gables would say). :) We still might (ummm...will) get another round of snow or ice before winter gives up, but today was just a little taste of spring, and it made my heart happy. :)
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Hannah! I love reading your blog and seeing your thoughts! I should hire you to write mine since I never seem to get around to it! :-) Blessings, cousin! Hopefully I'll see you this summer at THE wedding?? :-)
Yay! I can't wait for spring! :) :)
Hey Krisite!
I don't think you want to hire me...even if I could read your thoughts. ;) I seem to be having trouble lately keeping my own updated! And YES I will definitely be seeing you at THE wedding this summer! I'm SO excited!!!!
Hugs and blessings back at you!,
Hannah
Post a Comment