Sunday, May 10, 2009

Table sitting

Whilst visiting Michelle, do as Michelle does.
So on our first Saturday, we sat behind The Center's table of literature and weighted baby models. :) Michelle has in the past several months volunteered as a counselor at the local, newly begun crisis pregnancy center. What a blessing!!


So Michelle ran the table and talked to folks, while I...kept her company. :) And watched people. And didn't say much because, well, I kinda missed those training days...


Things got more exciting, however, when Michelle was asked to do a TV interview! When I saw them coming, I had to "go to the restroom", conveniently taking the camera with me. And lo and behold, when I came back, the interview was about to start! And I wasn't in it, yet had the camera to catch Michelle's first TV break. How convenient! You'd have thought I'd planned it this way.
(By the way, the guy sitting at the next table knew he was next, and was very nervous...can you tell? And while he was interviewing, his daughter ran up and gave him a big hug, not realizing the camera was rolling! Oops! But sweet. :))


And did I say a TV interview? I meant interviews. Yep, she ended up having to do two!! Great for the Center... Bring 'em on, right Michelle? :)


My personal favorite.


It was very neat to get a better feel for where my friend works, and what they do. These Centers are very used of God to reach young girls who they otherwise would not be able to reach, and it was a blessing to be able to volunteer a few hours at one, and see the passion and love these ladies have for what they're doing. To the Center: God bless you all, continue to prosper your work, and provide in His beautiful ways!

4 comments:

Michelle Shook said...

HANNAH! How dare you put up that last picture of me joking around with the guy after the interview?!?!?!?!

Michelle Shook said...

But...thank you so much for your help and your prayers for us. I almost forgive you for posting this pic. :-D

Hannah said...

Ahhh...Michelle! I expected to hear from you on that score. Mwa ha ha. I probably shouldn't have posted it...you no doubt have some ammo of your own in your picture files. But I guess you could say this is just payback for September when you posted those upside down pics. :P So there.
I looooove you.

Nicole said...

Wow, awesome! :)