Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mini Cinnamon Rolls...

In cookie form!!

Here's try #1.
Hmmm...the result of talking while measuring the flour.
Is that what we decided, my unnamed cookie friend?


Try #2.
MUCH better!!


And the recipe:

Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (a little more?)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped (or powdered sugar glaze!)

In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-inch log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.

Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hannah, you are my kind of person:
YOU POST A MILLION DESERT RECIPES!!!

I *LOVE* it!!! :D

Bek said...

ahem. Um. Yes, that looks like the result of talking whilst measuring flour.

Not that I would know, mind you.

Bek said...

Also, these are FANTASTIC when dunked into sleepytime vanilla tea. Mmmmm.

Elizabeth Pruett said...

A bold cook takes pictures of the "disasters" as well as the successes! That second picture makes them look so delicious!

Hannah said...

Whoa Bekea! I'm going to have to try that sleepytime vanilla tea idea...I can only imagine!!! And...I finally made that peppermint biscotti recipe. Oh. My. Goodness. You have got to try it if you can, because presently I'm stuck on my hill and can't bring you any!! My car would never make it back up...I'm glad we had cookie day when we did!