Monday, December 13, 2010

Mmmm....snack mix!

I know...no picture, no good! But I really wanted to post one of my favorites tonight! I'll try to put one in after I make it. :P And anyway, all you need to see is how easy it is and take my word for how tasty it is! I think I've made it for the past 3-4 years.

Holiday Party Mix

9 c. corn chex
6 c. popped popcorn
1-1/2 c. dry-roasted peanuts
1 c. brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
10 oz. pkg Christmas M&Ms
1 pkg. white yogurt covered pretzels (my favorite!!)

Preheat oven to 250*F. Grease large roasting pan. Mix cereal, popcorn, and peanuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in medium heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring for 5 minutes (trust me! It doesn't burn!). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and baking soda (let the kids do this and call it the day's chemistry experiment...). Pour evenly over cereal mixture to coat evenly.

Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart. Stir in M&Ms and pretzels (make SURE mixture is cool before you add these...or else!)
Store in airtight container.

Yield: never enough

No comments: