Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Two Houses


I pity that house
whose snow-bedecked yard
lacks good-hearted snowangels
standing their guard.


Where a squirrel eating seed
needn't sharply petition
more accurate throwing
of white ammunition.


Whose steepest descents
lie smooth and so fair
with narry a grass
by tobogan laid bare.


Where lacking are cries,
"My nose feels frostbitten!"
And, "Wouldn't you know?
I've misplaced my mitten!"


Whose guests are not greeted
by families of white
Carefully crafted
to look perfectly right.


But blessed is that house
with doorway of puddles
where shoes of the many
get into great muddles.


Where Christmasy lights
are of color! Not bland
and preferably blink
when switched on by the hand.


So perhaps a bit lively
with plenty of chatter
'specially when cocoa's
to be had by the fire.


But I'll take that house
full of kids to the top
to the serenest abode
happy children, has not.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

*CUTE!!* I love it Hannah!

You should get the award for best blog post-er of the year :D

vdhkids said...

Oh I love it too!!!!!!
I need a copy, please, pictures to go with it.
☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺♥☺